Are you interested in becoming an image consultant? If you enjoy helping people look and feel great, are not colour blind, and enjoy clothes then this could be the career for you. It has great flexibility and there are many options of where you can take your skills.
The training style is very experiential, practical and hands on, rather than just sitting in a classroom listening to the teacher. You will be expected to work through many exercises in a workbook, as well as practical exercises in every section of the course, from personal shopping through to draping clients for colour analysis and applying make-up.
I have had the great pleasure of being trained as an image consultant by Imogen, and of still regularly receiving her generous instruction via monthly webinars.
I chose training with Imogen after researching numerous image consultant training agencies, and concluding that her Academy of Professional Image had by far the most thorough and scientific approach to the whole issue of personal colour analysis. I was not surprised therefore, that Imogen herself was very thorough in her approach to training: she provides the student with an enormous amount of knowledge, well thought-out exercises and all the tools necessary to set up business as an image consultant.
I have met few teachers this willing to impart what know-how they have. Imogen truly aims to arm the student, the client, the blog reader, everyone really, with the knowledge they need to make a difference, whether it be in their personal wardrobe, their career opportunities or their business endeavours. Karin Davidson, Perth Image
Image Management and Style Analysis Training - 7 days
Learn to identify for both men and women:
- Body Shapes
- Body Proportions
- Face Shapes
- Personality Types and Personal Style
- Running a consultation using live models
- Consultants own Style Analysis
- Understanding Fashion – trends and fads
- Understanding fit
- Defining dress codes for business and casual situations
- Communicating with your client
- Lifestyle Analysis
- Wardrobe Audits
- Personal Shopping
You’ll receive: comprehensive training manual plus 2 sets of client Style Files to use with clients. Free listing on Bespoke Image website. Monthly personal or phone coaching sessions for 12 months after training.
Personal Colour Analysis Training - 6 days
You will learn:
- Colour Theory and the development of personal colour analysis
- The Science of Colour
- Understanding the Colour Wheel
- Colour Psychology
- Personal Colour Analysis – learn how to discover a person’s individual colour palette by draping variety of live models
- Consultants own colour analysis
- Find your clients Signature Colours
- Find your clients contrast Levels
- Teach Your Client to Talk to a Hairdresser
- Colour and Fabric
- Using colour and illusion when dressing your clients
- Make-up – colour selection and simple application techniques to teach your clients
You’ll receive: Full set of Colour Drapes Colour Wheel. Set of Colour Swatches with your Logo and Details on front and back covers. CD with colour notes to give to clients. Access to makeup artist quality makeup wholesaler.
Business Development – 1 day
- Marketing your business
- Sales techniques
- Business Planning
- Website Development
- Finding your niche
- How to price your services
- Strategic alliances
For all pricing and payment options please visit the Academy of Professional Image website.
Is this the year that you start your exciting new career as an image and colour consultant or personal stylist?
I found Imogen to be unsurpassed in her role as a trainer, educator and mentor and I would recommend her in the highest possible terms to anyone seeking to obtain a thorough foundation of knowledge and skills in the image consulting field. Arena Nilsson, Arena Nilsson Image Consulting